Skip to main content

Wish You Happy Forever: What China's Orphans Taught Me About Moving Mountains by Jenny Bowen - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 

Jenny Bowen's story is truly amazing and inspiring. As the adoptive mother of Maya, and later Anya, two orphaned Chinese girls, she sees just what a thriving and transformative environment she and her husband are able to offer them. Jenny decided that she needed to help the children she was unable to bring home, kids that needed the same loving care as Maya and Anya in order to grow. That's how Half the Sky was formed in 1998, an organization that's determined to bring a caring adult into the life of each and every orphaned and abandoned child. Wish You Happy Forever chronicles the perseverance and success of Half the Sky against all odds to better the lives of the children in its care.

This isn't standard reading material for me, but I was told about it by a coworker who had just finished it and I knew right then I must read it. Thankfully she was able to let me borrow her copy! If you want to see the positive changes one person can affect in the lives of so many others, you won't regret picking up this book.


I read this from November 6 - 10, 2014 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

  1. Oooh, this is going on my TBR list. I love inspiring books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I inspired you to put it on your tbr list! I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag