Skip to main content

ttfn (Internet Girls #2) by Lauren Myracle - Review


❋ ❋ 

During their junior year, the winsome threesome (zoegirl, mad maddie, and SnowAngel) face more challenges that threaten to drive them apart such as first boyfriends, drugs, and a cross country move.

Just as ttyl, ttfn is told completely in IM format making it something like a modern epistolary novel, I suppose. The language feels very authentic to the characters and target audience (especially if this were 2006). The characters do face real issues, but here they tend to come off as cliché. The characters are pretty obnoxious and annoying, but at the same time, they still seem like real high school girls (I swear, I knew people just like them). Although the format is refreshing - and a little jarring at first - and the story goes very quickly, it is a bit dated now. It makes me feel old and I would have been high school junior when this was originally released. There are of references to A Cinderella Story with Hilary Duff and Chad Michael Murray, a movie I've never seen. There is a lot of crushing on Mr. Murray's character...I remember when he was quite popular back in those days and you couldn't even look at a magazine without seeing his face plastered all over the cover. I'm pretty sure I've only ever seen him in Freaky Friday as Jake and most recently in Agent Carter as Agent Jack Thompson (great show, but his character is a jerk).

Anyways, before I get too off-track, I would recommend reading this sequel if you really enjoyed the first book in this series. Otherwise, it just seems like more of the same old thing.


I read this on January 29, 2015 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

  1. I loved to hate Chad Michael Murray in Gilmore Girls.I think it's a cute idea for a book series but I think it would get annoying for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea he used to be on that show, but then again I've never seen an episode. I guess it's an interesting take on the epistolary novel, but yes, it does get annoying.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review