Skip to main content

Music Monday: Matt Dusk


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share one or two of songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.


This week I'm spotlighting Matt Dusk, a Canadian jazz singer that I've just recently started listening to.  He has a great voice for the genre and if you like Michael Bublé, Frank Sinatra, or Chet Baker, you should give his music a try.

"Please Please Me" (2009) - Dusk's cover of the classic by The Beatles.


"My Funny Valentine" (2013) - Here he's covering the classic Chet Baker number.



Comments

  1. Love his voice and his covers of those songs, love the jazzy-blues feel to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right - I can't believe he isn't more well known in the US because he's so good.

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of him before! I'm not really a jazz fan so that's probably why. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of him until a few weeks ago when he started following me on Twitter. Then, I checked out his music and realized that I particularly enjoyed it. :)

      Delete
  3. I love his voice ! Too bad I don't like jazz though ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rather like that last song. :) My mom and I used to always watch all the black and white musicals, and this makes me think of it. I've probably heard on one movie or other. Some of my favorites are ones with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, or Gene Kelly. Cary Grant movies are sooo hilarious too, He doesn't really play in musicals? But he has the best facial expressions! And Jimmy Stewart too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love watching black and white musicals or those from the golden era. :) You can never go wrong with Gene Kelly, Cary Grant, or Jimmy Stewart.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows