Skip to main content

Gemina (The Illuminae Files #2) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 

When the next phase of BeiTech's assault reaches Heimdall Jump Station to wipe out the Kerenza survivors on the Hypatia, Hanna and Nik must defend their home even if it is one of the most boring space stations out there. Hanna, the daughter of the station's captain, and Nik, a member of a major crime family, must be ready to do whatever it takes to save their fellow residents from the BeiTech "auditing" team as well as from deadly alien predators. Plus, they have to make sure that the malfunctioning wormhole at the center of the station doesn't manage to rip the universe in two.

I don't know if I can adequately express just how hyped up I was for Gemina, the sequel of Illuminae, but aside from The Raven King this was my most anticipated release of the year. I'm happy to report that it lived up to the hype and that I absolutely loved it. It takes up pretty much immediately after the end of Illuminae, but instead of sticking with the Hypatia - the action moves to Jump Station Heimdall, the place the Hypatia is travelling to in an attempt to escape their pursuers. Now, of course, we're introduced to two new characters, Hanna and Nik, and both are quite a bit different from Kady and Ezra yet still fascinating and badass to follow over the course of the novel. I also particularly enjoyed seeing how Jump Station Heimdall operates after hearing about it in the previous novel. Like before, the twists and turns are stunning, and so is the format.

Overall, Gemina (The Illuminae Files #2) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff is a more than worthy sequel to the greatness of Illuminae. These two author are quickly becoming favorites. I can't wait to see how this twisty ride reaches it's sure to be thrilling conclusion! This series comes highly recommended from me so if you haven't started in on it already, what are you waiting for?!



I read this novel from November 11 - November 17, 2016 and my review is also on Goodreads.


Comments

  1. This is waiting on my night stand. Didn't read all of your review because I've not started this one yet. Got the gist though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it, Laura! (I tried not to give to much away, but either way the bottom line is that it's amazing! :D

      Delete
  2. Another great review! Can't wait to read it- it seems to be getting mostly positive buzz. And I love space stations so can't wait to see how this one goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review! And yes yes yes I loved this book so much! It was amazing - almost better than I expected! I can’t wait for book 3 already!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows